Friday, May 4, 2012

Shelby Hoover's Final Post


      Summit Leadership Park has been an exciting and educational experience for me this year. Though our community service project, Special Olympics-Young Athletes Program, I learned a lot about myself as a leader and accomplished a lot by giving back to the community. In the Young Athletes Program, we a handful of children by giving them experience in playing different sports such as baseball, soccer, basketball and more. I also learned more about planning an event of a larger scale. It takes a lot of prior planning, teamwork and patience. Ultimately, though, I formed relationships with the children that came to our program and with my fellow Summit Park team members.

        Summit Park has helped me realize exactly how I am a leader and what I look for in fellow leaders. It has also helped me by giving me further insight in working with a team. It at times was be difficult to find times when everyone is available with the busy schedules that we all had and other unforeseen circumstances but we found ways to work around this and produce a project that we can be happy with. I have grown as a leader and I feel more confident in my role as part of a team, as am individually and in the community.
           -Shelby Hoover

No comments:

Post a Comment