Friday, May 4, 2012

Emily Stebbins Final Post


        Although everything did not go according to plan this year, our Summit Group still accomplished what we initially set out to do. We only reached a few children, but that is better than none. I am happy with the bonds we formed with the children and what we learned about working with special needs children.
       This semester, we only help two Young Athletes Programs. This was due to some scheduling difficulties with our community sponsor. Although we would have loved to hold four to eight YAP’s, two is better than none. We got to work with a child that we saw last semester as well. It was nice to have a returning child to help him further.
       Overall, our group learned a lot from living in Summit. We learned about how to work in a group. We all realized that there are some aspects of team work that we are good at and other areas that we need to work on. As a whole, our group worked very well together which made everything much easier. Summit was a good experience that we all learned from.
        For me, specifically, I learned that I need to work on communication with my other group members. I have no problem taking the initiative to get things done. But, I often times forget to keep my group members up to date on the progress that we are making. This is something that I am confident that I can work on to improve. 
               -Emily Stebbins

No comments:

Post a Comment