Friday, May 4, 2012

All is well that ends well! Pema Wangzome's Final Post


With a bag full of memories and some new skills that I picked, I am ready to face the coming days. Looking back at the past year, I feel like August was some ten years ago, not because it was plain but because I have learnt so much. Summit has been a wonderful learning and living experience that I know I will never forget. The classes have all been informative and insightful. And the project that my roommates and I worked on was delightful! The project started off very well. We had a lot of interested volunteers show up to help us with our project. I am very thankful for all those who came to help and support us.

Although I was a bit hesitant in the beginning since I wasn't sure of the areas of special needs the kids required, I quickly moved past that because I had my roommates and I wasn't alone. And my past experience in working with special needs children helped me be confident in interacting and guiding the kids.

With a good winter break, I came back fully charged to make some more differences in these kids’ lives. Alas, our community partner was busy so things didn't go as well as we had hoped. We had but one successful event this whole semester.

Though we had some bumpy rides on the way, the fact that we are standing together now, smiling at each other says it all. I am very glad I had the opportunity to live in Summit and carry out the project we chose. I would like to thank my roommates for the wonderful memories that we shared! I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Courtney swan for, forever being so patient and doing the best for us. Thank you!

                 -Pema Wangzome

No comments:

Post a Comment