Sunday, April 15, 2012

Positivity in the Community



Our community partner was the Special Olympics of Missouri. Even more specifically, we focused on the Young Athletes Program which was for special needs children from ages 3 to 8. Our project wasn’t focused on an “issue” in the community. Rather, the Special Olympics are about giving opportunities and chances to those who might not normally receive those, specifically with sports.
One of the biggest reasons that I really loved working with the Special Olympics was due to their positive impact in the community.
Personally, this has really opened my eyes and helped me learn to interact and teach students with special needs. As a future educator, this is a necessary skill. I’m glad that I will have an opportunity to work with these types of students before I start teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment